Hello! Thank you for taking some time to check out my Blog! My name is Karen Proctor-Adams and I am a Photographer in North Carolina!

Twenty Two Photo wants to be a part of your life: Weddings, Families, Babies and everything in-between!

Please feel free to send an email to
karen@twentytwophoto.com! I look forward to hearing from you!

Scroll down to check out what's going on at Twenyt Two Photo and my personal life...




Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Changing...


Lately my eating and workout habits have gone down the drain. Life has been fairly busy and it seems like it gets busier when Holidays come along. I haven't been to the gym in about 2 months and I haven't really been watching what I eat. Since we were married I've gained about 10-15 pounds. I know they say that is normal, but I blame some of it on the many trips we had this summer!

I am determined to get back on track. It's not my "New Years resolution" or anything, but I want to loose weight and just be a healthier person. I also am trying to think about what I put into my body. I don't mean just cakes and junk food, but mainly meat and dairy. I've considered becoming a vegetarian before, but I've never made the leap. Chris has actually been a vegetarian in the past. At this point I am not going "cold turkey," but I want to think about the meat and dairy that I purchase. It is well known about the treatment of the animals that we eat. I am just having a hard time buying any meat when I know that that animal could have been treated horribly and all of the hormones that they inject into them. I have decided to start buying meat where the animal is treated well and not locked up in tight spaces where they can hardly move. I also know the same can apply to dairy products. I know this can be more costly to buy organic meat or dairy product, but to me it is well worth it. It probably will mean we will just eat less meat. I am trying to teach myself to like foods that I don't care for, but foods that are good for you.

Here's to a new lifestyle change...:)

No comments: