Hello! Thank you for taking some time to check out my Blog! My name is Karen Proctor-Adams and I am a Photographer in North Carolina!

Twenty Two Photo wants to be a part of your life: Weddings, Families, Babies and everything in-between!

Please feel free to send an email to
karen@twentytwophoto.com! I look forward to hearing from you!

Scroll down to check out what's going on at Twenyt Two Photo and my personal life...




Friday, May 2, 2008

Life and the unexpected...


I just wanted to say that I'm doing as okay as I can be. I always think of the scene in Sleepless in Seattle where Tom Hanks talks about how he deals with his loss of a loved one. It really just doesn't seem real. I have to bring myself back to reality a lot of times.

It's seems to be all around me. I have come in contact with so many people that have said that they understand because it has happened to them. It's hard to even believe because sometimes you feel like you're the only one that knows how you feel. I know that God doesn't just rejoice over our loss, He weeps with us. He doesn't like to watch His children mourn. He's with us. His arms embrace us.

My dad is in a place that we only can imagine here on Earth. I can only imagine that he's hanging out with a lot of awesome people. I'm selfish though. I'm human. I want to see my dad. I want to hear his voice. I want to see his smile. I want to see his deep blue/grey eyes.

I saw God's strength in my friend when she lost her dad a few years ago. I admired her for that. I honestly didn't think I'd be capable of that strength. I've discovered in the last few days that I am strong, that my mom is strong, that my brother is strong, and that my family is strong. I really do not know how non-believers deal with death. I draw my strength from Him and that's how I'm surviving right now.

Thank you for all of your prayers, thoughts, emails, and any other form of communication there is these days. My dad was loved and we are loved! As David Noel sang after Carolina won the National Championship game, in 2005, "Don't you worry, we're going to make it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you Karen and you know were here if you need us. Billy and Vickie