Hello! Thank you for taking some time to check out my Blog! My name is Karen Proctor-Adams and I am a Photographer in North Carolina!

Twenty Two Photo wants to be a part of your life: Weddings, Families, Babies and everything in-between!

Please feel free to send an email to
karen@twentytwophoto.com! I look forward to hearing from you!

Scroll down to check out what's going on at Twenyt Two Photo and my personal life...




Friday, February 6, 2009

Snowboarding trip to West Va

About a month ago I went on a snowboarding trip with my brother (Kevin), Kathy, and Marsha. We took a weekend trip up to Snowshoe, WV. One thing we learned on our trip is to not always trust the GPS. We discovered that she/he/it really likes the country back roads. Instead of taking highways, we ended up going through the Blue Ridge Parkway at night. We probably saw at least 8 deer. I'm sure it would have been beautiful in the day time, but it just made me feel a little woozy!

We didn't drove all the way there the first night. We stopped at a hotel that was about an hour away.



I bought a new digital camera that was very handy on this trip. I actually didn't eve use my 40D. I was very impressed with it! I will share a few pictures of the awesome camera soon:) I'm still getting use to it!


Playing around with macro on my camera...


This is the amazing scenery that we got to witness as we were driving up to the Mountain!



This was Marsha's first time snowboarding. I'm so GLAD that I am no longer in the "training" stage. Snowboarding is probably one of the most challenging sports I have ever done!


Kathy and I (and yes, I look dorky!).



It's not very often that you get a moment on the slope where no one is around. I took advantage of enjoying this moment with Kathy.


Lunch time!

Kevin and his little fo-hawk...

It was kinda weird seeing a motorcycle outside in the dead of winter...hmmmm...

Chair lefts can me freaky! I tent to like to seat o the left side of the lift, b/c when I get off I tend to automatically go to the left.


End of day one...

Marsha enjoyed some time to herself on day two, while we headed out to the slopes. It probably worked out for the best that she stayed at the hotel, b/c Kathy hurt her back and it ended up raining. Kevin and I did get a couple of runs down the slope. It started getting miserable with the rain, so we called it the day.


We went back to the hotel and ate at this little breakfast joint across the street.



On our last day we packed up and headed home. The snow was slowing beginning to melt.

This is the hotel we stayed at. This place could use a remodel, b/c it was totally 70's. We were a little disappointed that our hotel did not have a hot tub bathtub. The last time we came up we had a two bedroom and that did, but the one bedroom did not.



Overall it was a very nice trip!


No comments: