Hello! Thank you for taking some time to check out my Blog! My name is Karen Proctor-Adams and I am a Photographer in North Carolina!

Twenty Two Photo wants to be a part of your life: Weddings, Families, Babies and everything in-between!

Please feel free to send an email to
karen@twentytwophoto.com! I look forward to hearing from you!

Scroll down to check out what's going on at Twenyt Two Photo and my personal life...




Friday, July 10, 2009

Mount Airy with TBC

Chris and I joined the 55+ group from our Church on a day trip to Mount Airy. Our minister was a former pastor at a Church there for many years. We had never been there so we thought it would be a fun little trip to go on. For those of you who don't know Mount Airy is the home for "The Andy Griffith Show."



Our first stop in Mount Airy was this restaurant called Snappy's. They are well-known for their porkchop sandwich. It didn't look to appetizing, but it actually was!


Chris and I walked over to a little store next door.


Chris found comic books so he was happy:)


We got a little tour around town to see all of the "tourist" attractions related mainly to Andy Griffith.









We stopped by this huge rock quarry. I believe he said you could spot it from space.









Our tour guide carried a sling and wore a superman costume. He wasn't even a big superman fan. He was very nice a funny though:)





Our last stop was downtown. Snappy's was downtown, but we didn't get to browse around. Chris and I went to this bakery and got that huge cinnamon bun below.


We then went next door to another antique type store. They had comic books too!



Overall we had a great time! It was nice getting to know a few other people from the Church. I'm glad we randomly decided to go on this trip!

2 comments:

menorarose said...

glad you got to make it there...it's an interesting town...everything andy griffith, that's for sure...something about the downtown area reminds me of asheboro's...you guys should have met me in King!...

Twenty Two Photo said...

We didn't really get a chance to go in any other stores, b/c we ran out of time...still will never amount to the antique mall in Asheboro:)